Hezekiah Ricketts built the Ricketts Hotel in Flint Hill in 1869 and it served travelers as well as locals, who used it as a rooming house. Two doctors had their medical practices here. At some point, a saloon occupied part of the space. From 1915 to 1940, girls from the Foxcroft School would stop here for an overnight stay on their way to and from their visit to Luray Caverns. All the young men in the area would congregate near the hotel on those evenings when the girls were due. The Ricketts Hotel deteriorated and was dismantled in the late 1960s. This information and photo came from “A Journey Through Flint Hill,” by Arland Welch and Esther Kidwell.