Photo: Burned out

Photo by Cody Dodson
Photo by Cody Dodson

Volunteer firefighters from Amissville, Castleton, Washington, Sperryville and Culpeper (as well as rescue units from Amissville, Castleton, and Sperryville) were able to quickly extinguish a fire that started in the kitchen of a home before it spread to the rest of the structure last Saturday morning (April 12) on Castleton Ford Road, but not before extensive smoke and heat damage had been done. No injuries were reported, but the family renting the home had to be assisted by the Red Cross in finding alternative housing.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Staff/Contributed
About Staff/Contributed 4142 Articles
The Rappahannock News welcomes contributions from any and all members of the community. Email news and photos to editor@rappnews.com or call us at 540-675-3338.