Schools closed again tomorrow: Rappahannock County Public Schools are closed Tuesday, January 26.
The Mountain Vista Governor’s School prospective student/parent night originally scheduled for Tuesday, January 26th at 7:00 PM has been rescheduled due to weather for next Tuesday, February 2nd at 7:00 PM at the LFCC Warrenton campus in The Barn.
From the Virginia State Police’s Corinne N. Geller:
Once again it’s worth reminding folks:
- As the temperatures drop overnight, the roads and melted snow are going to freeze over.
- Those having to travel tonight need to be especially aware of black ice…and water from melted snow that’s pooled on the roads because the snowbanks on the side are too high for the water to drain off.
- Beware of roads shaded for most of the day, as there is a greater potential for icy conditions on these stretches of road.
- In the coming days as the snow continues to melt, motorists need to be prepared for the potential of minor flooding, too.
For a little perspective on what life was like for Virginia State Police over the weekend:
- Since Friday (Jan. 22) through 7 a.m. Monday (Jan. 25), Virginia State Police have responded to a total 8,412 calls for service…to include 1,562 traffic crashes and another 2,502 disabled vehicles across the Commonwealth.
- This was a 47% increase in traffic crashes and 69% increase in disabled vehicle calls for VSP personnel to respond to when compared to the previous weekend (Jan. 15-17), which yielded a total 6,990 calls for service.