A new Rappahannock County Farm Tour & Festival committee has reduced the cost of the Sept. 27-28 event by more than half, while expanding venues to more than 30. Fiscally, we run a tight ship, but we need money to attract more visitors, to spend their money at local restaurants, shops and lodging establishments, in addition to the tour.
Specifically, sponsorship dollars will be used to:
• publish a guidebook with maps and description of each venue;
• purchase expanded social media postings;
• pay the monthly fee for the event’s website (rappahanncockfarmtourfestival.com);
• purchase advertising in print media;
• and purchase event signs and support for the Artisans’ Market at Avon Hall.
Please show your support. All donations are fully tax-deductible.
Support levels range from $25 (Shepherd) to $300 (Land Steward). Make out your check to Treasurer, County of Rappahannock, and mail it to Cathie Shiff, 369 Hinson Ford Rd., Amissville, VA 20106. She will record your information, deposit your check and send information needed for your 2014 tax return.
If you sign up this week, your name will be listed in the 2014 tour guidebook. Call Cathie at 540-219-8396 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you contribute $300 or more, we will pick up your check in person.